How can you tell that you are in a foreign country? Some of our recent experiences made it quite plain.
- You are laying on a quiet, peaceful beach, when a dark haired man rushes up to you, shaking his finger and babbling at you.
- You leave the restroom hoping that your forgetfulness doesn’t cause the entire Greek countryside to overflow it’s pipes.
- You buy a beautiful blouse with currency that looks like monopoly money.
- You order a glass of orange juice and get french fries.
How do we as Christians know that we are in a foreign country? How do we experience citizenship somewhere else? What are the signs?
- We invest where moth and rust do not destroy. Matthew 6
- We live as children of God. Romans 9
- We have our eyes set on what is unseen. II Corinthians 4
- We have peace that passes understanding. Philippians 4
- We don’t grieve as those without hope. I Thessalonians 4
- Our lives are but a mist. James 4
- We will live forever. John 6
- We wait with eager expectation. Romans 8
I know there are more….